The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors for the implementation of the Agency’s strategic goals and the management of its resources including giving direction and leadership for the achievement of its mission. In addition, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the Agency.
1. Have at least Fifteen (15) years proven experience in any relevant field.
2. Have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Commerce or any other discipline relevant to the work of the Agency from an institution recognized by the National Commission for University in Kenya.
3. A Master’s degree in Engineering, Law, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Commerce or any other discipline relevant to the work of the Agency from an institution recognized by the National Commission for University in Kenya will be an added advantage.
4. Have knowledge and experience in policy formulation, management and procedures of the Government.
5. Leadership course from a recognized institution lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
6. Demonstrated results in work performance.
7. Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable.
8. Proficiency in computer applications.
Key competencies and skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to mobilize resources
- Negotiation skills
- Report writing skills
Mode of application
- For the detailed job description and specifications of the Chief Executive Officer’s position, kindly visit our website at www.cwwda.go.ke.
- Interested and qualified individuals should download the CWWDA Application for Employment Form on the Website fill and forward the same enclosing copies of academic and professional certificates, copy of National Identity Card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact, both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees to the address below not later than close of business on Monday 23rd January through the post office, email or hand delivery clearly indicating the position on both the cover letter and envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
- Clearance from a registered Credit Reference Bureau
- Academic and professional certificates
- Any other documents which may be requested before the interview date
Note: The Agency shall submit names of all shortlisted candidates to the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission for integrity verification hence submission of self-declared forms is not a mandatory requirement at this stage.
Applications indicating the title for which a candidate is applying, in sealed envelopes may be addressed to:
Coast Water Works Development Agency,
Mikindani Street, Off Nkrumah Road,
P.O Box 90417-80100
The applications can also be dropped or sent by courier to Coast Water Works Development Agency, Mikindani Street, Off Nkrumah Road, Mombasa during working hours between 8.00 a.m. and 5 p.m.
All applications should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 5.00 p.m. on 23rd January 2023.
CWWDA is committed to implementing the provisions of Chapter 232(1) of the Constitution of Kenya on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE THEREFORE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.